Are you worried about getting stuck with a tenant who seemed nice, but knows how to play the system and creates problems for you in terms of rental arrears or damage to the place? We at DIY Property Investor recommend you conduct a comprehensive tenant background search through at least 3 tenant record databases. We search through the following databases:
- Veda’s National Tenancy Database (NTD) for all court records over the last 7 years and some tenant records over the last 3 years – valued at $29 per search
- TICA database – for all tenant records over the last 3 years – valued at $24 per search
- Barklay MIC debt collection database – for all records over the last 3 years – valued at $14 per search
To complete this search, we require your prospective tenant/s to fill out an application form (which we will email to you after purchase), which requires at minimum –
- Full legal name,
- Email and phone number
- Current address,
- A copy of their drivers license or passport and
- A signature that they agree to the terms of the application which cover their privacy of information and gives us permission to perform the search.
Have the peace of mind and mitigate your risk today.